Modifications for Moviecam SA Camera
1. Flickerfree Color Video Assist
The old B&W or color video assist electronics is replaced by a new set which provides the flickerfree color video image in PAL or NTSC video format.
- Signal system : NTSC or PAL standard
- Image sensor: Sony 1/2" CCD Super HAD
- Picture elements- NTSC: 811(H) x 508(V), PAL: 795(H) x 596(V)
- Scanning system: NTSC - 525 lines, PAL - 625 lines, 2:1 interlace
- Sync system: Internal
- 100% flicker reduction
- Min. illumination: 0.5lux, F1.2 AGC:ON
- White balance: ATW(auto), 3200K, 5600K
- Digital gain control set by decimal pushbutton switch
- Image size switch: 35/S35
- Video output: BNC connector (composite signal 1Vp-p, 75 ohm) and S-Video connector
- Power requirement: 24 V DC (from the camera's battery)
- Power consumption: 3.1W (130mA)
The flicker reduction switch (3 position):
- When set to the lower position, flickerfree mode FF is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode is designed to produce a flickerfree image for camera speeds above 10fps.
- When set to the middle position, flicker reduction is off and the green LED is not lit. The video assist is in normal mode.
- NTSC - When set to the upper position, flickerfree mode FF30 is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode provides a 100% flickerfree image when operating at a camera speed of 29.97 fps or 30 fps. In this mode, flickering is reduced by 70% for camera speeds other than 29.97 fps and 30 fps.
PAL - When set to the upper position, flickerfree mode FF24/25 is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode provides a 100% flickerfree image when operating at a camera speed of 24 fps or 25 fps.
Flickerfree modes FF , FF30 (NTSC) and FF24/25 (PAL) will only be active when the camera is running. Once the camera is stopped, normal mode will resume.
"0" - Manual Gain (MG) 0dB
"1" - MG 2dB
"2" - MG 4dB
"3" - MG 6dB
"4" - MG 8dB
"5" - MG 10dB
"6" - MG 12dB
"7" - MG 14dB
"8" - Auto Gain Control (AGC) is ON
"9" - FR/A mode, 0dB
size switch (2 position):
- Lower: for 35
- Upper: for S35
on/off switch (2 position):
- Lower: power is OFF and the red LED is not lit.
- Upper: the video assist is ON and the red LED is lit.
balance switch (3 position):
- Lower: 5600K (fixed) - for outdoor shooting on sunny days.
- Middle: 3200K (fixed) - for indoor shooting under incandescent light.
- Upper: Auto White Balance is ON. The white balance is adjusted according to the color temperature transition of the subject. This mode is suitable for shooting with variable lighting.
switches are mounted onto the old external video control unit.
2. ARRI Standard 11 pin Fischer Receptacle (for ARRI Accessories)
With this modification the Moviecam camera becomes ARRI compatible. It allows the cameraman to control the speed of the camera by using an ARRI compatible precision speed control; use the Film/Video Synchronizing Control and also digitally read out the speed and footage by the ARRI compatible accessories. Output voltage : 12 V DC, max. current: 1A.
configuration for the 11-pin Fischer receptacle:
Pin No. - Signal
1 - Signal Ground
2 - Shutter Pulses (TTL) - output, 1 per frame
5 - External Synch Enable
6 - Tach. Pulses- output, 200 pulses per frame
7 - Remote ON/OFF
8 - External Synch. (TTL) - input, 3200 pulses per frame
9 - 0V
11- output +12V
The Moviecam Super 35mm cameras with AZ Spectrum's modifications are sold by:
Visual Products Inc.
790 Shiloh Ave. Wellington, OH 44090 USA
Ph. (440) 647-4999 Fx. (440) 647-4998
| HOME | SERVICE | E-MAIL | PAYMENT OPTIONS | WARRANTY |