Flickerfree Color Video Assist for Arriflex 16SR and 16SR HS
Reg 16 or Super 16 Format
This flickerfree CCD video assist is designed to produce a flickerfree monitor image for camera speeds ranging from 10 to 150 fps. A Sony CCD image sensor provides it with high resolution, high sensitivity, and outstanding color fidelity. The power necessary to supply the unit is taken internally from the camera's 4 pin XLR power input receptacle. This integrated video assist system provides a picture on the monitor screen that is brighter and sharper than that of the T-bar or modified J-bar video tap because the CCD image sensor is installed closer to the fiber optic viewing screen. The viewfinder image is also brighter because the exposure meter's beamsplitter is removed and replaced by a brighter pellicle T70/R30 type beamsplitter. The video optics is independent of the viewfinder, so the video image is stable even when the viewfinder is rotating. This installation requires that the entire exposure meter section be removed from the camera body. This video assist is equipped with a noise filter which provides a clear monitor image even if the camera motor is noisy. The low power consumption, only 2.7W (220mA), gives your camera battery a longer life.
switch (3 position):
- Lower: the video assist is ON in black and white mode (B&W) and the red LED is lit.
- Middle: power is OFF and the red LED is not lit.
- Upper: the video assist is ON in color mode and the red LED is lit.
Gain control switch (3 position):
- Lower: gain control is set to 4dB.
- Middle: gain control is set to 0dB.
- Upper: auto gain control (AGC) is ON.
The flicker reduction switch (3 position):
- When set to the lower position, flickerfree mode FF is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode is designed to produce a flickerfree image for camera speeds above 10fps.
- When set to the middle position, flicker reduction is off and the green LED is not lit. The video assist is in normal mode.
- NTSC - When set to the upper position, flickerfree mode FF30 is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode provides a 100% flickerfree image when operating at a camera speed of 29.97 fps or 30 fps. In this mode, flickering is reduced by 70% for camera speeds other than 29.97 fps and 30 fps.
PAL - When set to the upper position, flickerfree mode FF24/25 is activated and the green LED is lit. This mode provides a 100% flickerfree image when operating at a camera speed of 24 fps or 25 fps.
Flickerfree modes FF , FF30 (NTSC) and FF24/25 (PAL) will only be active when the camera is running. Once the camera is stopped, normal mode will resume.
balance switch (3 position):
- Lower: 5600K (fixed) - for outdoor shooting on sunny days.
- Middle: 3200K (fixed) - for indoor shooting under incandescent light.
- Upper: Auto White Balance is ON. The white balance is adjusted according to the color temperature transition of the subject. This mode is suitable for shooting with variable lighting.
| HOME | SERVICE | CATALOG | E-MAIL | PAYMENT OPTIONS | WARRANTY |
Copyright © 2010-2011 by AZ Spectrum. All rights reserved.